How much does High Court Enforcement Cost?

Updated: Dec 3, 2020

The term “High Court Enforcement” by its very nature sounds expensive, doesn’t it? But don’t let that put you off if you are a creditor who needs to enforce a CCJ or another form of order. Sometimes even though the county court system may seem cheaper to use at first glance, actually it’s inbuilt delays and management, can end up costing you money.

High Court enforcement has always been about swift access and responsive action. HCEOs and their enforcement agents are paid on results so there is always an incentive to move fast and get a matter paid or completed.

There are two probable areas where you may have seen High Court Enforcement Officers on the telly and thought to yourself, “I need that service!”.

The first and more usual is where you have obtained a judgment from the court for a sum of money you are owed. Usually, the judgment will be a CCJ (County Court Judgment), but it could be a High Court Judgment, an Employment Tribunal Award, a possession order with rent arrears included, or a judgment from Scotland, Northern Ireland, or further afield. In High Court enforcement all roads lead to London and the High Court on the Strand. So whatever type of judgment you think you have we offer a no-obligation service to check the judgment and tell you what it is and how to enforce it.

Make a Court Claim for Money: Enforce a judgment - CCJ to High Court Enforcement

So, we think the good part for creditors is the small investment you have to make to get your enforcement process moving with people who know what they’re doing.

Diving into the more familiar CCJ, it is possible you obtained your CCJ from Money Claim Online or a local county court. You should budget for the following costs:

  • £66.00 which is the fee payable to Court Service to issue the Writ of Control

  • £75.00 for the Compliance Fee with VAT (which totals £90.00) to cover the situation if the Judgment Debtor can’t pay the HCEO in any shape or form.

It makes sense to budget for these two sums totalling £156.00, particularly if you just have the one judgment to enforce. If the Judgment Debtor has the money to pay, then both sums will be recoverable and returned back to you. So really, it’s a question of cashflow for you with a view to getting it back. If you have repeat business for an HCEO you should ask about commercial terms to deal with volume cases.