PRODUCT INFO | Read an example of a Paralegal resume from one of the candidates on our database.
Shergroup candidates are added to our database after they have been interviewed and verified as reliable resources to put forward for our clients.
Whilst skills and functionality are important, we think it’s also important to put forward candidates who will fit with the DNA of our client organisation.
As we can’t always know the strands of an organisation’s collective DNA, we can anticipate what an employer needs from a new team member. Reliability, professionalism, and being a team player are the skills that people often need and expect us to find in the candidates we offer.
In looking at any skill set you can add or take away from the skills set out in this product info to build your own version of this role.
2-3 years’ experience of working as a Paralegal
- E-filing and Record Management
- Legal Records
- Discovery Packages
- Legal Document Preparation
- Case Management
- Trial Preparation
- Court Calendaring
- Contracts and Agreements
- Client Interviews
- Billing and Collections
- Office and Court Procedures
- Projects under pressure, resourceful, reliable, attentive to detail
- Working on MS Office software like MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Main Areas of Experience
- Research case law on the conflict of law, choice of law and forum state
- Draft pleadings, motions, correspondence to clients, insurance companies, and opposition
- Manage case files and office billings on a weekly to monthly basis
- Draft legal documents including responses to answers to complaints, pleadings, responses to interrogatories and request for production, affidavits, motions, notices, subpoenas, etc.
- Proven ability to perform autonomously with little supervision while demonstrating sound judgment
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of hearings, appointments, depositions, meetings, and deadlines
- Collaborate with major clients and outside counsel on a daily basis providing status updates, requests and negotiating settlements via email and/or client systems
- Create spreadsheets to track client billing and submitted invoices to clients
- Manage client’s intake and discovery processes
- Research case materials and reviewed deposition transcripts in preparation for trials.
- Negotiate and correspond with insurance adjusters for personal injury cases to reach a settlement
- Provide legal and administrative assistance for mediations, depositions, and trials.
- File legal documents in Court
- Draft legal documents including correspondence, pleadings, discovery and affidavits.
- Serve as liaison between clients, opposing counsel, witnesses and court personnel
- Involve in all aspects of litigation support including legal research, factual investigation, asset research, medical records and deposition summaries and trial preparation
- Assist with trial to include managed trial exhibits, prepared trial notebooks and expert binders and communicate with experts and fact witnesses
- Provide support on several large, document-intensive cases in state and federal courts.
- Manage all case files and evidence both electronically and in hard copy through stages of discovery, litigation and trial
- Proofread, edit, and cite check briefs and affidavits extensively, and routinely performed service of process
- Responsible for analyzing client documents; drafting litigation pleadings, and organized client meetings to review case status
- Coordinate hearings, depositions and trials
- Design, draft, and market firm promotional materials
- Coordinate, design and manage legal seminars
Want to Move the Discussion Forward?
For more information on how you can start the process of finding your ideal candidate please reach out to our Recruitment TEAM by calling us on our UK or US phone numbers or by messaging us at email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you.